State Medical Faculty
The activities of the SMF are decided by the GB. It also decides remunerations, salaries, and budget of the faculty.There are 12 member in the Governing Body including the president.
A- Ex-officio Members :-
- Director General Medical & Education and Training, U.P – President
- Director General Medical & Health,Services, U.P – Member
- Addl. Director, Medical & Health Services, U.P – Member
- Principal, Medical College, Agra – Member
- Asst. Director, State Health Institute, U.P – Member
- Deputy Director of Medical & Health Services, U.P – Member
B- Government Nominated Members (3yrs tenure)
- Dr. S.N. Shankhwar, Prof & Chief Medical Superintendent.King George Medical University, Lucknow.
- Dr. Dharam Singh, Prof., S.N. Medical College, Agra.
C- Elected Members
- Dr. Vinay Prakash Chaturvedi, (under Rule 3, Part-9)
- Dr. Vinod Jain, Prof. Deptt. of Surgery, King George Medical University, Lucknow. (under Rule 3, Part-9)
- Dr. Piyush Yadav, M.D. (under Rule 11)
- Dr. Sandeep Mishra, M.D. (Acc. to Rule 3 Part-12)
President (Ex. Officio)Dr. K. K. Gupta,Director General , Medical Education & Training, U.P.
Functions of the Governing Body
- It frames rules and regulations for smooth functioning of U.P.State Medical Faculty.
- It defines the process for opening of new training schools and updation of inspection reports so that it can be forwarded to the government for approval.
- It passes the budget of the office and controls the establishment of the office.
ASSOCIATED COUNCILS :-
Government has kept U.P. State Medical Faculty, U.P. State Medical Councils, U.P. State Dental Councils and U.P. State Nurses and Midwives Councils all under one roof . Since then all four councils has been working as they are working presently. Every council is having separate Governing bodies but employees are of SMF.
|S. No||Institution||Year of establishment|
|1.||U.P. State Medical Councils||1917|
|2.||U.P. State Medical Faculty||1926|
|3.||U.P. State Nurses and Midwives Councils||1934|
|4.||U.P. State Dental Councils||1948|
U.P. STATE MEDICAL COUNCIL (Established in 1917) (Annexure 4 )
As per the act, the council consists of President and 15 other members.
- Five member under section 5 of (Act 4-B) to be nominated by the GOUP, for 3years .
- One members under section 1 of (Act 4-C) , elected from E.C.of Lucknow University.
- Nine Elected Members under section 2 of (Act 4-D)
President- Nominated by GOUP.
Main functions of U.P. Medical Council
- Provisional & Permanent registration of Allopathic Doctors.
- Decision on Ethical issues against doctors registered in U.P. Medical Council.
U.P. DENTAL COUNCIL, (Established in 1948)(Annexure 5 )
As per the rules of the Dentist Act,1948 , Schedule III , Section 21 there are 13 members.
- Four elected members.
- Ex-Officio Members Dean/ Principals of dental colleges which offer recognized dental qualification . (Section 21 (C)
- Nominated by Government – 3
- Elected /Nominated Member from U.P. Medical Council
President- Elected by members of GB.
Functions of U.P. Dental Council-
- Registration of Dentist, Dental Hygenist & Mechanist, DORA.
- Decision on Ethical issues against dentists registered in U.P. Dental Council.
U.P. NURSES & MIDWIVES COUNCIL, LUCKNOW (Established in 1935) (Annexure 6 )
U.P. Nurses & Midwives Council, consists of 14 Ex-officio and elected members.
- Seven Ex-Officio member
- Four Elected Members under Section 4.1 (B) 5
- Two Elected Members under Section 4.1 (B) 4
- One Elected Members under Section 4.1 (B) 6
President (Ex. Officio) Dr. K. K. Gupta,Director General, Medical Education & Training, U.P.
Functions of U.P. Nurses & Midwives Council
- Registration of nurses and investigation of complaints against nurses.
NURSING( Registered in U.P State Nursing Councils)
|Programme||No. of Institutes||Yearly Capacity||TOTAL CAPACITY||Total Registered|
Psychiatric – 15
OBG – 26
Surgical & Medical -18
CHN – 16
Paediatric – 20
PHN – 10
|Post Basic BSc||02||30||50||830||880||1309|
|GNM||11 + 2||263||553 + 58||11365||11976||71051|
|Diploma in Nursing Education & Administration||00||01||00||20||20|
PARAMEDICALS ( Registered in U.P State Medical Faculty)
|Programme||No. of Institutes||Yearly Capacity||
|Diploma & Degree in Pharmacy (SMF) , 20 of pollytehnique, centers of BPharm||4||01||240||60||300||41875|
|Diploma in O.T Technician||5||104||170||2755||2925||6643|
|Diploma in Sanitation||2||05||90||190||280||313|
|Diploma in Optometery||2||116||50||3685||3735||14596|
|Diploma in Orthoptics||1||11||30||185||215||518|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||4||124||140||4075||4215||9941|
|Diploma in CSSD Technician||–||01||–||20||20||–|
|Diploma in Occupational therapy||04||–||130||130||04|
|Diploma in X Ray Technician||14||10||500||470||970||3259|
|Diploma in Laboratory Technician||14||11||720||590||1310||7826|
|Diploma in Dialysis Technician||4||26||110||700||810||932|
|Diploma in CT scan Technician||3||24||75||545||620||516|
|Diploma in Cardiology Technician||3||34||75||750||825||982|
|Diploma in MRI technician||3||05||75||150||225||189|
|Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care Technician||03||19||360||600||960||867|
|Certificate in Emergency and Trauma care Assistant||02||–||330||–||330||131|
|Diploma in Blood Transfusion Technician||02||01||75||30||105||48|
|Diploma in Accupuncture||–||02||–||60||60||01|
|Certificate in Baby Nursing & Child Care||–||10||–||400||400||70|
|Dental Technician (SMF) (CLOSED)||–||15||–||355||355||832|
|Dental Hygienist (DCI)||02||9||26||180||206||1841|
|Dental Mechanist (DCI)||01||9||20||180||200||943|
|B.Sc Laboratory Techniques||02||07||80||280||360||1135|
|B.Sc Radiological and imagingTechniques||01||04||40||160||200||205|
|Master of Physiotherapy||–||03||–||160||160||–|