Vision & Objective
Our Medical Education Department visualizes its role and contribution in New India under the following important aspects. These aspects have been focused keeping in mind the objectives of New India 2022 vision/SDG 2030.
OUR ROLE IN POVERTY CONTROL
- Government sponsored health insurance policies or Direct Benefit Transfer for free treatment to all patients irrespective of caste/creed/culture: This initiative can bring about access to healthcare across patients with differing socioeconomic status from all strata of the society. This will help reduce the burden of unmet treatment needs in our population.
OUR ROLE IN COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Health awareness and education programs: Such programs educate and offer low cost alternatives that can be undertaken by the masses themselves for healthy well-being like: clean water, proper sanitation, self-hygiene, adequate sleeping, exercise, healthy eating-fresh, seasonal foods, adequate exposure to sun, etc.
- Prevention of maternal and child mortality: The universities/Institutes/ Medical Colleges in accordance to the Millennium Development goals set forth by the World Health Organization is committed to reduce/prevent maternal and child mortality by increased and strengthened education/ awareness programs, vaccination programs, treatment facilities and many more initiative.
- Cancer morbidity and mortality: The healthcare at our universities/Institutes/ Medical Colleges is also targeted to reduce the co-morbidity and mortality associated with Cancer disease.
- Control of malnutrition by mass deworming campaigns, zinc/iron/vitamin D supplementation can help in decreasing malnutrition and associated problems in the masses
- Population control initiatives: Education and interventions for population control to be disseminated amongst the population extensively.
- Inclusion of Yoga and other lifestyle measures for lifestyle diseases: This will support the management of different lifestyle associated disorders.
- Encouraging and creating awareness of ‘Save Girl Child’ campaign: This initiative will be reinforced at the university level and also through education by community programs.
- Creating competent professionals: We aim to give to the society competent health professional by virtue of world class teaching and training facilities.
- Strengthening our satellite centers with rotational residents duties under clinical consultants for the benefit of local public.
OUR ROLE IN DIGITAL INDIA:
- Computerized Patient management system for:
- Registration of new and old outdoor/indoor patients
- Diagnostic services to be digitized with early reporting and easy sharing with patients and consultants
- Initiatives for creating Disease registries– state wise and nationwide. (like Trauma, Cancer etc.)
- E-teaching and learning portals : These portals will be introduced to strengthen teaching learning activities, like Moodle platforms for online interactive discussions, e-classrooms, teleconferences, webinars
- E-Assessments: Will be introduced at monthly, formative & summative levels. The Medical Education Department also plans to create and maintain question bank that can be used for online assessments.
- E–library: e-resources and portals of literature will be strengthened for faculty and students
- E admission process: the Medical Education Department plans to strengthen the admission process across its faculties through online system, and also online student counseling.
- E-logbooks: shall be encouraged for both for faculty and students for strengthening competencies.
- E-feedback system: shall be incorporated to improve on our existing efforts.
- E recruitment: The recruitment process of posts of senior residents/Non PG Junior residents shall be through online entrance exams, through merit list.
- Financial transparency: is planned and the Medical Education Department will be committed to ensure it through use of digital technologies. All transactions will be GST compliant.
- E-finance: This initiative will lead to online system for transactions by patients, Transactions for purchase, and transactions involved in examinations or other related matters.
- E-governance: This target will be fulfilled by transparent Financial, Clinical, Academic Audits, Online leave application system, Digital file tracking system.
- Online portals for submission and tracking of research proposals
- Teleconferencing-national/international collaborations will be encouraged.
OUR ROLE IN CLEAN INDIA:
- ‘Go green’ initiatives have already been initiated nad will be further strengthened.
- Sustainable energy initiatives: like solar energy harvesting will be planned for rooftops of all buildings, rain water harvesting will be further strengthened.
- Environment protection: will be encouraged with expanding horticulture unit and biomedical waste management system
- World class Clean accommodation facilities for students, faculty and staff will be provided.
OUR ROLE IN ZERO TOLERANCE TO CORRUPTION:
- Zero tolerance to corruption commitment will be ensured by transparent system of administration, admission, examination and purchase.
OUR ROLE IN MAKE IN INDIA:
- Incubation cell as part of Research cell will be established to help our Faculty and students in innovations of new devices/techniques/procedure that will help in healthcare across masses.
- The Medical Education Department targets to empower students and faculty through strong and fruitful National and International collaborations.
- Consultancy services through expert faculty will be given to the industry and the society as needed.
OUR ROLE IN SKILL INDIA:
- Skill Development: The Medical Education Department’s roadmap already has in plan the development of High technology equipped Institute of skill which is in process. With a vision to produce skilled and safe healthcare providers, who are acceptable to society through their soft skills, we must have state of art skill institute equipped high end simulators, interactive manikins and other gadgets, so that holistic goal of competency based medical education is achieved. Department is in process of its development and it committed to provide soft and hard (including procedural) skills to all medical (under graduate and postgraduate), nursing and paramedical students of medical institutions. In addition, it will help to enhance skills of practicing health care professionals across India through regular courses. Skills achieved through this institute will save many human lives.
- Public health and Nutrition department: To keep healthy person healthy through their healthy lifestyle, we must have separate public health and nutrition department in medical institutions. Effective functioning of this department through dedicated efforts will drastically reduce cost of health care.
- Trauma Care: Trauma is the fourth leading cause of death and soon it will become the third leading cause of death in low and middle income group countries. In trauma, mostly young people die or become disabled. Most of them are male and earning members of their family. Their loss or disability is a loss to nation too. Hence organized trauma care system taking care from onsite trauma care delivery up to rehabilitation through pre hospital and in- hospital care is of great importance. We must have comprehensive care of poly trauma patients under one roof and multiple surgeries in one operation room. This includes efficient inter hospital and intra hospital communication also.
- Smart public redressal system: To increase patient and attendants satisfaction level, smart public redressal system is mandatory.
- Vocational Courses through Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) will be started and expanded.
- Self-financing courses are being designed will also be started soon in various disciplines.
- Industry academy linkage through experts, collaborations, student placement and academic programs will be encouraged. Collaborations with fields of biomedical engineering will be encouraged.
OUR ROLE IN WOMEN EMPOWERMENT:
- Providing equity to women with respect to recruitment, administrative responsibilities
- Grievance redressal with respect to women students/staff/faculty.
DISABLED FRIENDLY INITIATIVES
- Like Ramps, toilets will be ensured to be present in all premises of the University
- Opening of new Medical Institutions.
- Interdisciplinary new academic programs (Like translational medicine, medical humanities, Ayush, Life sciences, Oral biology, Biostatistics, Bioengineering and Bioinformatics) will be started.
- New diagnostic and research laboratory facilities (Molecular biology, drug discovery, metallurgy, biophysics, material science, nanotechnology) will be made available.
- New and advanced treatment facilities like robotic surgeries, navigational surgeries, computer assisted treatments will be introduced with necessary trainings.
- Research thrust areas will be identified to focus the Indian terrain.
- Interface of Artificial intelligence: For research, patient care, teaching-learning.
- Infrastructural expansion: Second campus 200 acres for development of new faculties and programs is underway. With this we shall be able to expand our access to the masses.
- Helicopter/Air ambulance services to help ailing patients
- Recreational facilities: For Faculty, students and staff to manage work related stress.
- Transport cell: to cater all transport within main and satellite campus.
- Multilevel high tech Subsidized Canteens within the campus for faculty, students and patients
- Sports medicine: Will be developed as a specialty
- Alumni linkage will be encouraged for knowledge, experience and technology transfer